- Critical upgrade of sports floodlights at Challenger Reserve
- Demolition of Challenger Pavilion
- Installation of synthetic cricket pitch and associated works to enable a relocation of South Perth Junior Cricket Club from Victoria Park to Challenger Reserve
- Redevelopment of multipurpose community building to accommodate exclusive use and shared spaces for Manning Bowling Club, South Perth United Football Club, Manning Tennis Club and South Perth Junior Cricket Club.
- Upgrade of floodlights
- New facilities – public toilets, pitch/court/rink upgrades, pathways, playground, car park, park furniture, new buildings
- New/upgraded landscaping.
- Register or sign in. Before you can participate, you will need to create a username and password for Your Say South Perth. If you have already registered, you can sign in here. Registration only takes a moment and it will make it easier for you to stay in the loop and get involved in future projects.
- Ask us a question about the Masterplan.
- Complete the online survey.
- Come to the information session and workshop
- Hard copy feedback forms are available at Manning and South Perth Libraries.
What is a masterplan?
A masterplan is an over-arching, long term document to assist in the management of an area, often with a 10+ year timeframe.
Why is the City developing a masterplan for Challenger Reserve?
The Community Recreation Facilities Plan, which was endorsed in 2019, recommends developing a masterplan to investigate co-location and amalgamation of facilities (not necessarily clubs) to incorporate:
What could be included in the Masterplan?
The Masterplan could include:
Are there any works happening in the short term?
When will the Masterplan works happen?
The works will be subject to annual budget allocations. Some works may happen soon whilst others, such as buildings, may take longer.
How can I get involved?
Feedback will close at 4pm, Tuesday 3 March 2020.
How will you use my feedback?
All of the
feedback received will be analysed and considered when developing the Masterplan, including planning the types of facilities and activities for the Reserve.
How can I ask questions about the project?
You can ask us a question online on
Your Say South Perth. We’ll either answer here on the project page, or we’ll
email you directly.
Alternatively, you can phone the City on 9474 0777 and ask to speak to someone about the Challenger Reserve Masterplan.
Do I need to register before I can participate?
Yes, in order to participate in the online activities, you must register on Your Say South Perth and create a username and password. Registration only takes a moment, and it will make participating in future projects and online engagement easier in the future.
If you have already registered, you can sign in here.
I’d prefer not to complete the survey online. How else can I complete the survey?
problem. Hard copy surveys are available from the City's Civic Centre and South Perth and Manning libraries. Simply return your completed
survey to the Civic Centre or libraries by 4pm, Tuesday 3 March.
You can also come to the information session and workshop on Monday 24 February, 6-7.30pm at Manning Bowling Club, Manning Bowling Club, Cnr Challenger Parade and Griffin Cres, Manning. Please RSVP to attend.