What is a Development Application (DA)?
A Development Application (DA) is an application made to Council seeking consent to carry out development including construction, demolition, change of use, display of advertising, subdivision, or making alterations or additions to a property or premises. A DA is required so that Council can assess the likely impacts of the proposal.
This DA is for amendments to an existing development approval.
How can I make a submission or be heard by the Council or the Development Assessment Panel (DAP) on this matter?
Submissions can be made on the ‘Your Say South Perth’ online portal or by email to email@example.com
How does the recent Supreme Court action taken by the residents against the previous approval affect the current development?
This application is considered to be a new proposal for the site so is treated independently from previous proposals, this application will not be impacted by the result of the Supreme Court action.
What is the City’s view of this application – will it be supported?
The City follows a process for each Development Application received. The application must be assessed according to the provisions of the Town Planning Scheme and other planning documents prior to the City forming a view on this application.
Who makes the final decision on this application?
The City is the final decision maker for this DA.
What effect does Scheme Amendment No. 46 have on this Development Application?
Amendment 46 was gazetted in Feburary 2017, meaning any proposal will now be assessed under the Schedule 9A development controls which were the subject of Amendment 46.
What effect does the South Perth Activity Centre Plan and Scheme Amendment No. 61 have on this Development Application?
The City will have due regard to the proposed planning provisions to the extent that they are relevant to this proposal.
What about the extra traffic that will be generated by this proposed development?
The application includes a Traffic Impact Assessment. The traffic volumes are predicted to be less relative to the approved development.
What about car parking? How will the area cope with all the extra residents and visitors to this proposed development?
All car parking for the development must be contained on site, no reliance on street or other public parking shall be permitted.
What shadow will the proposed building create?
Please see the shadow diagrams in the existing development approval plans. The overshadowing impacts remain the same as the approved development.
What is the process this application will follow?
- The applicant submits a Development Application (DA) to the City of South Perth
- DA is recorded and an initial assessment is made by a City urban planner.
- CONSULTATION: The DA is advertised according to the City's Consultation Policy P301. Submissions received by the City are collated, summarised and considered by the City urban planner according to the criteria and planning guidelines/schemes
- Further information or amendments may be requested of the applicant as part of the referrals process.
- A City urban planner conducts an assessment of the proposal against any relevant development controls and legislation (eg Scheme amendments) applicable to the DA
- Further information and/or amended plans may be requested of the applicant following assessment.
- A City urban planner will prepare a recommendation to the Manager Development Services
- The Manager Development Services will determine the application
- If submissions were received, the submitters will be advised of the outcome.
1. City receives Development Application (DA)
2. Consultation and referrals