Stage 2 update - Draft Scheme Amendment (No. 57) and Local Planning Policy (P351.16)
Following a series of studies, community consultation and the preparation of a detailed character study report (known as the Kensington/South Perth – Character Study Report), the City has prepared a draft amendment to Town Planning Scheme No. 6 and an associated draft local planning policy, which will be considered at the 26 June Council meeting, for endorsement to go out for public comment.
The draft amendment proposes to:
- Create a new precinct for the subject area, ‘Precinct 16: Canning Highway (East)’;
- Apply development provisions relating to height, plot ratio, setbacks, building design and vehicle access for all new comprehensive development within the new precinct; and
- Create a new special control area for land fronting Canning Highway at the eastern end of the new precinct to resolve vehicular access issues.
The draft local planning policy (P351.16) provides further guidance on the development provisions contained in the draft amendment. Matters covered in the draft policy include how setback/building separation areas should be used, design quality and climate sensitive design.
Further information on both the draft amendment and policy is included in the draft Council reports (June 2018), including copies the draft amendment documents and policy are available below:
- Draft Council report (amendment) – June 2018
- Draft amendment documents
- Draft Council report (local planning policy) – June 2018
- Draft local planning policy.
For the most up to date information on the Canning Highway project, visit the Canning Highway page on the City of South Perth website.